Lake McKenize Day Tour - $219 Adult
Enjoy a day on Fraser Island, spending time at the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Resort and iconic Lake McKenzie! The tour starts with a cruise across the bay on Sea Explorer, followed by lunch at The Sand Bar and a trip across the sand tracks for a swim in the island’s most famous freshwater lake. This tour is an easy option for those wanting a leisurely half day in paradise, returning on the 5pm ferry.
FARES: Adult - $219, Child (4 - 14yrs) - $188, Infant (0 - 3yrs) - Free
Available - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Guests must make their own way to the Hervey Bay Boat Club Marina to meet the Guide at 10:10. Meeting point - Boat Club Fuel Station, 12 Jetty St, Urangan. (Signage will be displayed at the meeting point)
- The tour departs the Hervey Bay Boat Club Marina at 10:30 aboard Sea Explorer travelling to Kingfisher Bay Resort for arrival at approx. 11:00.
- On arrival at Kingfisher Bay Resort: Guided Orientation and walk of Resort. (Optional)
- From 11:30 – 12:30 Free time to use the Resort facilities and have Lunch at the Sand Bar (Included).
- A Guide will meet guests at the Kingfisher village store at 12:45 for a 13:00 departure to Lake McKenzie with arrival to the lake at approx. 13:45. Time to enjoy all that Lake McKenzie has to offer . Make sure you pack your swimmers and beach towels in your day pack.
- Departure from Lake McKenzie at approx. 15:45 with arrival back to the Kingfisher village store at approx. 16:30.
- Guests will depart on the 17:00 ferry from Kingfisher Bay Resort back to Riverheads with a courtesy drop off back to the Marina.
Note: Qld law states that all passengers must be suitably restrained including infants. Parents are required to supply booster seats or forward-facing car seats for infants & children to be restrained in.
In the event of weather conditions preventing Sea Explorer from travelling, the Guide will contact guests to advised they must travel on the 9am Ferry from River Heads to Kingfisher Bay Resort (around 20 minutes out of town)
✓ One-way fast boat transfer to K’gari (Fraser Island).
✓ Lunch at The Sand Bar, Kingfisher Bay Resort.
✓ Return guided 4WD coach transfer to Lake McKenzie.
✓ Afternoon of leisure at Fraser Island’s #1 bucket list location.
✓ One-way ferry transfer to River Heads, Hervey Bay.
✓ Courtesy drop off to The Boat Club Marina or local accommodation.
✓ National Park fees and fuel levies.
WHAT TO BRING
✓ Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, zinc sunscreen (if possible, as is better for the lakes ecosystem), insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses,
essential medication and don’t forget your camera.
✓ We do provide water, but a reusable water bottle is always handy and great for the environment
T & C's
Tour itinerary may change due to tides and weather conditions.
All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
As this tour is off-road, we recommend that pregnant travellers or people with existing medical conditions seek medical advice before booking this tour.
Travellers need to be independently mobile to access and disembark the 4WD buses and all tour sites visited.
Bookings cancelled more than 48 hrs prior to departure will incur no cancellation fee.
Bookings cancelled between 24 - 48 hrs prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Bookings cancelled less than 24 hrs prior to departure or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
Non utilised tour components will not be refunded.
|Child (4 - 14yrs)||$188.00|
|Infant (0 - 3yrs)||$0.00|